I am the founder and president, as well as the principal consultant at Corporate Elements LLC. My work is both a privilege and a passion, and I consider myself very fortunate to be able to work with leaders and organizations and to see them challenge boundaries, grow their skills and abilities and reach new and rewarding goals!
Education and certifications:
- MA, social anthropology – Oslo University, Norway
- BA, philosophy, political science, law and social anthropology – Lund University, Sweden
- Certified Talent Consultant (CTC), Coaching of High-Potentials and Executives – IPAT
- 16PF Certified – the Institute for Personality and Ability Testing
- Hogan Assessment Certification – Hogan Assessment Systems
- Certified Professional in Human Resources (PHR) – HRCI
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) – ICISF
- Mediator and arbitrator (MN Rule 114) – Minnesota Supreme Court
- Leadership Practices Inventory Certified – Pfeiffer
Additional background information:
- born and raised on the west coast of Norway
- officer (retired 1992) in the Royal Norwegian Navy
- undergraduate and graduate studies in Bergen, Norway, and Lund, Sweden.
- Masters level social anthropologist from the University of Oslo, Norway
- conducted 6-month field research in rural Indonesia, Nusa Tenggara Timur.
- US resident since 1999
- happily married to the love of my life (who came all the way to from the US to Norway looking for me)
- four beautiful children (daughters) and a very active and loud household
- enjoy hunting, fishing, camping, skiing, backpacking and scuba diving
I entered the field of HR, training and organizational development in 2001. This was a professional area that I found to be an excellent fit with social anthropology and my general interest in “what makes people (in groups and organizations) tick.” Since then, I have worked with leaders and organizations in the US, Scandinavia and Europe. During this time, I have assembled what I believe to be valuable knowledge on diverse organizations, organizational tools, initiatives and strategies. I have also learned a great deal about myself, what I love and what I am skilled at, as well as insight into what happiness represents for myself and my family.
In late 2012, I returned to the US together with my wife and family. Shortly thereafter, Corporate Elements was born and a new journey started.
My job is to help you develop good leaders into GREAT leaders, and to help you achieve organizational excellence and long-term growth and sustainability.
I look forward to working with you!